Keen 2B Green has committed to providing a high level of customer service and a minimum five-year whole of system and 10 year installation warranty on all solar systems after signing on to the Clean Energy Council Solar Retailer Code of Conduct.
For nearly 10 years, Keen 2B Green has been installing high quality solar systems across the Great South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales regions, covering, but not limited to the Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Byron Bay and Lismore areas.
The code of conduct, which is currently the only solar industry code of conduct authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is designed to give consumers peace of mind when making the decision to invest in a solar system by helping them select a quality retailer.
Clean Energy Council Chief Executive Kane Thornton said people had a lot of things to consider when making a major purchase such as a solar energy system, and the process could be confusing.
“By choosing to buy from a business that has signed up to our voluntary Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, you are choosing a business which has committed to a higher standard of quality and service,” he said.
“The solar industry is well regulated, with all systems needing to meet Australian standards and be installed by a specially trained and accredited solar installer. This code is another important step that provides consumers with even greater confidence, and the ability to select a retailer who guarantees a high level of customer service.”
Keen 2B Green Managing Director, Daniel Shelfer said ‘Customers should look for the Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer logo to choose a business that has signed on to the code. A business that signs onto the code is making a long standing commitment to making the industry better for all involved’
More info can be found at approvedsolarretailer.com.au
Customers can expect that a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer will:
- ensure that sales representatives act ethically at all times
- not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising or sales tactics
- educate consumers about their purchase by supplying essential information about the system in writing before entering into a contract. This includes site-specific full system design and an average daily performance estimate for each month of solar generation
- uphold consumers’ legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds. They will give customers the chance to cancel a contract and obtain a full refund if any changes are made that are not approved in writing (including variations to system design)
- provide a minimum five year warranty covering the operation and performance of the entire solar system
- fully inform customers about the processes involved between system installation and network connection, or facilitate this process on their behalf
- provide consumers will all required documentation after the system is installed
- adhere to all existing legislation and regulations
- be fully accountable for the actions of any subcontracted parties, including Clean Energy Council-accredited installers/designers
- have a fair and transparent complaints process, and respond to customers within 21 days of them making a complaint
For more information, please contact Keen 2B Green on 1300 303 783 or to arrange a no obligation quotation for a new solar system for your home or business, please fill out our enquiry form.
A full copy of the media release is available here